Monday, August 14, 2006

New Project: Returning to Lake Victoria with the International Medical Corps

We are both very excited to return to the Suba District for the next 4 months with the International Medical Corps. We will be working with their HIV/TB program on the public health level of education, prevention, and access to care. We are looking forward to bringing what we have learned back to the islands in order to combat many of the problems and issues of the area that frustrated and angered us the first time around. Check out more info about the IMC on the link to the right of the page. There is more information and articles specifically on our project in the Kenya section. We will keep you updated on our progress.

4 comments:

Liz Slone said...

This is so amazing. You are both such an inspiration!! This was just luckily passed along to me and I am astounded by your stories. What an experience...

I am definitely looking forward to following your journey and hearing more of your remarkable updates!

tom.gentile@comcast.net said...

Kevin/John,

I just got onto your website. I had tried before we went to TC but I had the wrong address. I obtained this address from the GP News while reading about your ventures and activities.

The experience is one that you can learn about medical care but it also has a human touch and that is the value of the opportunity.

I wish you well and look forward to reading of the events and activities.

Tom Gentile
262 Merriweather
GPF

Emily Craft said...

John/Kevin

I have been reading your posts dilligently and spreading the word about what amazing things the two of you have been doing in Africa.

John, I am so proud of you and all that you have accomplished. I can't wait to see you over Christmas.

All of my love,

Em

Chris Schulte said...

JK and Kevin-

So glad to see the updates. I check the site all the time while I fantasize about a workday that doesn't so closely resemble my own, and it's nice to have some more material with which to procrastinate.

I'm going to try to get through to your phone this weekend.

Be safe.